Leading computer software publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developer VSTEP, invite you to sail the open sea in the World’s best nautical simulator. Today they announced that Ship Simulator 2008 has begun shipping to major retailers across Canada and the US.
This true-to-life naval simulation for Windows includes many great new features, such as: multiplayer (LAN and online), a highly customizable mission editor, 16 new ships, and three vast new environments (San Francisco, Marseille and Southampton/ Cowes/ Solent). A bilingual French/English version will be released in Canada for Francophone fans. Ship Simulator is available in 20 countries and 7 languages, selling over 280,000 copies to date.
With the growing number of Ship Simulator users worldwide, VSTEP is continuously adding new content and features. In Ship Simulator 2008, players will need to perform a multitude of tasks, all set within stunning 3D environments. They will take control of a wide array of vessels – from massive cargo ships and ferries, to speedboats, yachts, water taxis, personal watercrafts, and even the mighty Titanic! The waters you sail are as varied as the ships, including the harbors of New York, the Thai Phi Phi Islands, Rotterdam and Hamburg, plus three newly added harbours: San Francisco, Marseille and Southampton/Cowes/Solent. Ship Simulator 2008 incredibly recreates real locations from around the world and presents players with the challenges of commanding the vessel of their choice on the open sea.
– Dynamic ocean waves, with realistic ship motions
– Long distance travels, open ocean voyages between ports
– Visible damage system
– 50 new complex and challenging missions
– Extensive day, night and weather systems
– Open sea, plus 7 harbour environments including San Francisco, Marseille and Southampton/Cowes/Solent
– 16 ships, each with walkthrough functionality and interactive bridge controls
– Controllable container crane
– Advanced vector graphic sea chart based on realistic 3D seabed models, with full-screen display option, transparency setting, and high level of detail on text and depth readings
– Advanced damage system showing dents and holes in vessels after severe collisions
– Free-roam mode allows players to choose a ship, an environment, weather conditions, time of day, and set their own waypoints
– Extensive mapping options for keys and joystick buttons
– Advanced rope system, which allows you to connect and disconnect player ships to other ships or mooring boulders at will (anchoring is now also possible)
– Mid-mission save function
– A system for sinking ships when damaged below the water line
– Advanced system for scoring and ranking in different ship type classes, linked to your online profile on the Ship Simulator forum
– Mission editor, so you can create your own adventures and share them with your fellow players on the forum
– Multiplayer free-roaming, including towing and chat
– In-game downloading of new missions, created by other players